Saturday, January 26, 2013

An introduction is due...

I would like to welcome everyone to my new blog, and I thought an introduction was in order. 

Chef Dickie Yuzicapi
My name is Dickie Yuzicapi, I a Dakota/Cree First Nations Chef from Regina, Saskatchewan.  I have been cooking from the age of 3, helping my grandmothers in the kitchen.  I grew up in rural Saskatchewan, living off the land; hunting, gathering, growing and preserving.  Only rarely did we travel to the city to shop.  Our lives were completely dependant upon the natural resources.

Quite often, my grandmothers would prepare meals out the most unlikely of ingredients, and it would be delicious!  It is from these experiences, early in life, that I have honed my skills in preparing our indigenous foods.

I have been cooking professional for over 25 years now, completely loving the culinary artistry field and showcasing the original food of my region.

Throughout my journey, the culinary field has given me many opportunities to learn and appreciate a wealth of cultures and the foods the world has to offer.  I have taken my experiences, created The Sioux Chef Catering Company and now provide:
Gourmet Aboriginal Cuisine with a Modern Twist
 
I truly enjoy what I do and hope that in the coming posts, you will also join me on a journey to discover the best that our region has to offer.

Thanks,
Chef Dickie Yuzicapi






No comments:

Post a Comment